Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day Gift from the Boys


Kenny and Kale wanted to make their dad a special father's day gift this year. So we talked about their ideas and what they wanted to do. They decided they wanted to make a tie for him to wear to church on Father's Day Sunday. So on a weekend when Kenneth was working overtime, we drew it out on poster board and cut it out. Then they decorated it with their names, ages and their footprints. They also made cards for Dad, sharing with him how they felt about him being their Dad.

I have to admit, I was a little worried that Kenneth might not wear the tie to church because it was a HUGE tie and I was afraid he might be too "Manly" to wear it. But to my surprise and joy, he excitedly agreed to wear it. That little act meant so much to the boys. They knew their Dad loved them. I could think of no greater gift he could have given them at that time.

The tie was a hit. Kenneth said that more people talked to him on Sunday then have cumulatively talked to him in the year we have been in the ward. He got nothing but compliments and smiles. Kenneth is a great Dad and he loves his boys. The cool thing about it is that they love him back, just as much, if not more then Kenneth loves them. They look up to him, they want to be like him, and they love to have fun and play with him. They laugh, smile, wrestle, and play together more then any three boys I know. I am so lucky to have the wonderful opportunity to witness their love and affection for one another. I only pray that their love continues to grow stronger with the passing of time. I love them all. Happy Father's Day Kenneth!!

1 comment:

  1. OH! So sweet! I'm glad Kenneth wore the tie. It would garner complements from anyone who saw it, I'm sure. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete