OK – So I am going to try to get there posts completed today. We had such a blast at Big Bear…I hope you enjoy reading about these memories as much as we had making them. So here is the rest of it…
We rented a pontoon boat for a couple of hours. I really enjoyed the slow, leisurely pace, but Kenneth and the boys wanted to go faster. We did see some interesting sights while on the lake and we enjoyed seeing the beautiful homes that surrounded the lake. The rock formations were pretty amazing too.
While out boating we saw a dock with a small building on it, just floating in the middle of the lake. We decided to explore and investigate as it didn’t seem to belong to anyone in particular… This is what we found:
The S.S. Relief… A floating outhouse. It had a couple places to dock and tie up the boat and it had men’s and women’s bathrooms. I don’t think I have ever seen anything like it before in all my years of boating.
Here are some of the rock formations that jutted out of the water. They were great for cliff diving, but the water was too cold for the boys and the anchor wasn’t long enough so the adults couldn’t jump either…maybe next time.
Here are a few more on the boat…
It was a great lake, and the water was pretty clean, just cold. After about a hour and a half, it started to rain and the kids were miserable and cold and with very little cover, it was too hard to stay dry, so we called it a morning and headed back to dry land.
The S.S Relief. That is so cool!! ;)
ReplyDelete