Friday, July 17, 2009

A Visit to the Temple

 

LV Temple

 

Kenneth and I went to the temple last night.  It has been a while since we were both there together and it was wonderful to sit with him in the house of the Lord and enjoy the outpouring of love from our Heavenly Father through his Spirit. 

As I sat and read from the Book of Mormon and pondered the words of Alma, I was reminded that it takes very little to receive the blessings of God.  I was reading in Chapter 33 about what little effort was required of the Children of Israel to receive healing.  They simply had to look.

It is the same with us.  No matter what kind of healing we are looking for, all we need to do is turn to the Savior and look to his atonement and we will receive the love and healing power he has to offer us.  Whether it be physical, spiritual, sin, emotional, … He knows and understands all things and can make all our burdens light if we will allow him to share the load.

I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to attend the temple and feel the love of my Father in Heaven.  It fills my heart with great joy to know that there is a place I can go to leave the cares of this life and learn and grow closer to the things of eternity. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I love the temple. I can't wait to find a babysitter so we can go here!

    ReplyDelete