Kale turned 4 on July 19, 2009. He is getting to be such a big little boy. He is still the lovable little guy that we have always known, but I am watching him become more independent and showing more courage and determination to try new things.
He is such a joy to have in our family and brings so much love and laughter to our home. We had a small little party for him, with just the immediate family members. We will have a big party, with all his friends on Saturday but we wanted him to know how important he is to our family.
So we came home from church and put a cake in the oven and then let him pick the color of the frosting and the decorations he wanted on it. We shared the cake and the ice cream together as we laughed and played.
We also gave him our gift to him; a camera. He is quite the little photographer. He loves taking pictures and is learning to play with the zoom. He has quite a good eye for photography and for only being four, seems to understand focus, centering and light. Here is a photo he took of his Dad and I. Pretty good for a little guy, don’t you think??
As we head out on vacation this week, he will take his camera with him and as we review the photos each night, I will post more of what he see’s through his eyes. I am so excited that he is growing up and showing interest. I hope he continues to find joy in the gifts and talents his Heavenly Father has given him and works to increase his abilities and skill. I love my “little man” and am excited to watch him continue to grow into his own this year.
Happy Birthday, Kale! We love you! Wish we lived closer and could celebrate with you.
ReplyDelete