Saturday, September 24, 2011

What did I do this summer (part 4 of ?)

The weekend before Labor Day, we spent at the Beach in Rockaway, Or.  We spent 4 days on the beach, crabbing, riding bikes, playing in the surf and sand, flying kites, attending community street parties and wandering through the shops and stores on main street.

summer 2011 231

summer 2011 226

summer 2011 255 

summer 2011 262

The boys had a blast and I actually got to relax a bit.  The views were spectacular and I loved the salt air.  Ken got to eat fresh-caught crab and some of the best sea bass he has ever had.  It was just a great weekend.  And we got Tillamook Ice Cream twice in one weekend.  I forgot how great “real” ice cream is, and they had so many flavors it was hard to choose just one.

It was a great weekend to close the summer and get the kids ready to go back to routine and homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment