I awoke to a strange buzzing sound. Kenneth was not in bed with me but Kale was sleeping at the foot of the bed. I rolled towards the sound and found Ken's cell phone ringing. He had it on vibrate, which is abnormal for him. He was asleep downstairs on the couch (for reasons unbeknownst to me). I answered the phone to his Dad asking if we were up (why would we be up on a Saturday morning at 7am???) and wanted to go to breakfast with he and Carolyn. He was taking her to the Red Mill in Milwaukee, Or. He claimed that it was some of the best breakfast food in Oregon.
I crawled out of bed and wandered down to find Kenneth to see if he was interested. He thought it sounded fun, so 25 minutes later we were off to meet Ken and Carolyn at their house and head to breakfast. We drove for about 20 minutes and as were came around a curve in the road, there it was; a big red barn complete with a water-wheel.
We parked and went inside. As we looked at the menu, I realized this was going to be about as “healthy” a breakfast as anything could be that contained biscuits and gravy, pancakes and waffles. Whole grain everything, oats and grains of all kinds. I have to admit, I was a bit worried. But the food wasn’t half bad… I don’t think I will go back anytime soon to eat, but there was an amazing array of whole and bulk foods, kitchen gadgets and other neat things. I will have to go back when I can explore the store at my pace (meaning no kids).
The boys seemed to enjoy it and anytime they can spend time with their grandparents makes them pretty happy.
Yummy! we never got there during our visit. I'm glad that you were able to go and are having so much fun and doing so much with Grandpa and Grandma.
ReplyDelete