Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Christmas Gifts arrived last night

And I am soooooooo excited. Kenneth got me a Cello and a Violin for Christmas and they arrived ... finally. The Cello is black and the violin is pink. Yes, pink. I am 35 and if I want a pink violin, I can have one. It has been 20 years since I played, and I am excited to get reacquainted. I am also looking forward to teaching myself to play the Cello. I have wanted to play the cello since I was little and now I am getting the chance.

We have a couple of young people in our ward that play and they have offered to help me learn. I need to take the cello into a music store and have them put the bridge on and string and tune it and then I should be able to get playing. I am also looking forward to torturing my family with screeching as I did when I was young....

I will keep you all posted and maybe if your lucky I will post a practice session sometime soon. Keep your fingers crossed and make sure you invest in a good pair of earplugs.

2 comments:

  1. We love the cello! I'm hoping one of my kids will want to learn to play. Good luck...to you, and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really must take pictures! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete