Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Columbia Heights Primary Temple Trip

IMAG0345

The Primary planned a temple trip for the kids.  I was a bit spectacle that 50+ primary kids, their parents and siblings could not be on the temple grounds without causing a ruckus.  But I was pleasantly surprise and the reverence that was displayed.  They had stations set up all around the ground and small groups moved from station to station learning things about the temple, its purposes, the symbols on the outside, family history work, what it meant to be an eternal family, history about the building of the Portland temple and the dedication…

IMAG0334

Kale was amazed at the angel Moroni.  I am not sure why now as he has seen the angel on many temples as we have visited them in Utah, Arizona, Washington and Oregon, but he wanted a picture and he wanted to know if he could go up the spire to see the angel up close and he wanted to know what it was made out of and how big it was…  I was impressed that at six, he wanted to know so much.

IMAG0344

I learned a couple neat things I didn’t know and the kids learned many things that kept them talking about the experience for days.  It wasn’t cold, but it wasn’t hot either and the sun was out up until the time we left and then it started raining.  I know that the Lord blessed us to have good weather so his children could learn about the sacredness of his temple and feel the spirit there.

IMAG0326IMAG0330IMAG0327IMAG0337

It was an enjoyable day, one they won’t soon forget.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it help that you were sealed in this particular temple and now you are there again with your boys? Life come full circle. What a great experience to share together.

    ReplyDelete