So, last night the boys (all three of them) got in the car and began their LOOOOOONNNNNNG drive to the Northwest. One of Ken's best friends is getting married this weekend and he decided to travel up there to be at the temple sealing. He took the kids with him so they could see their grandparents and hand out with their cousins. They didn't even know where they were going until they were on the road.
I rented a "dance" flic and spent the evening curled up on the bean bag chair with the dogs watching the amazing choreography and wishing that I wasn't such a clutz. I have always been envious of those who could dance. It is such a beautiful way to express life and all it offers. I don't' have the ability to keep one foot in front of the other when I walk, little less try to put rhythm and movement to it.
I just ordered Chinese food and I am going to sit down and try to catch up on some scrapbooking. I really love to scrapbook digitally. It is fun, fast, easy and much more affordable then the traditional method, but I must admit, I miss working with the paper, ribbon, and other "real" stuff. I will have to find time to sit down and make some cards or something.
Below are some of the pages I have finished lately. I don't scrapbook chronologically so they are in no order and quite random. But I think they are great and thought you might enjoy them.
This is one of the photos that we had taken right before Christmas at Olan Mills. I love it because it captures that personality and attitude of my two precious boys. It also reminds me that they are not little anymore and growing up way too fast. I also love it because it is a great picture of me and I don't have a lot of those either. My favorite thing about the shot is the "I'm too cool attitude" of Kenny's face. It makes me laugh! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.
These are some great pictures we took at the Bear Lake Family Reunion held in 2006. The kids loved playing in the sand and walking in the water. And my little Kale still had his long hair. Both boys have loved playing with their cousins since the very beginning of time. And if the noise I heard on the other end of the phone tonight is any indication, they still love hanging out with them and they get along fabulously.
This is Halloween 2006. We took the boys to the elementary school where Nicky (Ken's oldest sister) teaches and let the trick-or-treat through the hall ways. They loved it and they stayed warm too.
This is my nephew, Thaysen. Meredith left a bunch of her pictures on my computer the last time she was down to visit. I started looking through them and found some great ones of Thaysen as a baby. The headphones are as big as he is but the face says it all. The boy is going to be musical, just you wait and see.
This is another one of the boys goofing off in Death Valley. They were posing and trying to look cool. Truly they are chips of the old, or should I say, young block...
I hope you enjoy these peeks into our life and family. Until next time...
Wish you had been able to come too! We miss you! Thank you for sharing your boys with us for the weekend. We are making the most of it. Enjoy your quiet home. :)
ReplyDeleteI just love those pages. What company do you use??
ReplyDeleteAlso, I totally relate to your dancing craze. I LOVE to dance but am simply not blessed with that talent. We will have to get together sometime and just rock it out!!!