I came home from work yesterday to find that Kenneth had put our American flag on the front of the house. It was so great to see and it reminded me how much I love this country. When we were cub scout leaders for the wolves, one of the things we spent a lot of time teaching and talking about was our country and the symbols that remind us of the freedom we enjoy.
I usually put a flag up before memorial day and it stays up through labor day. It is a wonderful reminder of those that gave/give of their lives so that we as citizens of this great nation can enjoy the freedoms that we do.
I made this scrapbook page about my trip to DC and the cemetery and it truly expresses the feelings that I have about the sacrifices of the men and women of our military and their families that shared them with us. 

The next page is our trip to the 4th of July Summerlin Parade of 2009. We will be going again this year too!! It is fun to go to the parades and see the floats, old cars, motorcycle gangs, and watch the boys chase after candy and other "thrown objects".
The HARMON FAMILY would like to wish all of you a safe and happy 4th of July and may we all take a moment to remember the great blessings we enjoy living here in the United States and thank those we see that are veterans or active military.
Amen!
ReplyDeleteI too was humbled at the Arlington Cemetery. I felt similarly when I visited Pearl Harbor in HS. There is a sacred peace that surrounds those memories of our Nation and it's struggle and triumphs to freedom.