I have finally gotten a permanent position. It isn't the one I mentioned last year; that offer was rescinded, but I am pretty excited for the new opportunity. I will be a controller for a Medium-sized Sub-Contracting company that specialized in fire protection (IE., sprinklers, fire alarm, fire hydrants, etc...) I start on2/1/10 and I am looking forward to the new challenge.
A challenge it will be too! There is a lot of clean up and reorganization that needs to happen. Procedures and policies need to be written down and published and there is no human resources; so that will also become my responsibility. I will be supervising a team of 3-4 staff accountants and clerks. And to top that off, the last Controller and CFO couldn't communicate with his staff to save his life, so I am expecting some major communication and trust issues to come out early on.
I know that I can do it though. I just need to hang on, be honest and let them know how much they are needed while still holding them accountable for their responsibilities. I also need to figure out how to make it clear right up front that we are starting fresh and that any "emotional" baggage from before needs to be left at the door. I think I need to come up with something more professional then that though. That could cause alienation right off the bat.
I am excited and looking forward to the growth. I will keep you all posted on the happenings and ask that you include me in your prayers. Thanks to all for the support and love that has been and is given to me. I am grateful to everyone for the influence they have in my life.
You are an amazing woman with great power and influence. WONDERFUL!
ReplyDeleteYay, you! So excited for you and this new adventure. You are amazing and the team you work with will see that and appreciate it. Reminding them that it is a team (but don't go all "ropes course bonding" on them) may be helpful. When they realize that you are willing to talk with them and have an open line of communication, their trust issues and emotional baggage will become less "center stage". They are a lucky group and you will certainly rise to the challenge.
ReplyDelete