Sunday, January 10, 2010

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving was nice and quiet.  It was just our immediate family and so we didn’t really have a schedule.  We got up and put the turkey in the oven and then just spent time together until it was time to eat.  I told the boys I wanted to make some turkey name cards and asked it they wanted to help.  Kenny was all for it, so he and I ventured down into my scrapbook room, Kale joining us a few minutes later and here is what we did…

DSC01353

They really enjoyed tracing their hands and cutting out their little turkeys.

DSC01350It was fun being able to share something I enjoy doing with my boys and we had a great time together.  After they decided they were done, I decided I wanted to try one other thing.  I made a turkey centerpiece that I think turned out pretty darn cute…

DSC01356Then I spent some time setting the table and getting ready for the meals.

DSC01359This was the table setting that I used.  The table looked great.  In fact, the boys were afraid to come near it for fear they might mess it up.

The turkey was the best yet.  Kenneth cooked it and he did something to it this year that left it tender and juicy with a flavor that was “to die for”.  I am not a big fan of turkey, but this was some of the best I’ve had.

DSC01362All in all – It was a great day and being together made it even better.  We missed out family that wasn’t with us, but we really loved being together.

1 comment:

  1. You are just so creative, I love it! I love that you have a scrapbook room. That is too cool!

    ReplyDelete