So much has happened and time has gone way too fast. I have been working now for about 2 months and I am finally beginning to get the hang of things. I think I have identified most of the personnel issues and now we just need to work at finding solutions that create harmony rather then discord. I am also beginning to identify the inefficiencies of the company and put into place policies and procedures to help eliminate them.
The boys are about 2/3rd's of the way through school and are enjoying their spring break. They love school and are both doing great. Kale has graduated from his speech class and is now talking like a "normal" 4 year old. He is so excited that he will get to go to "the big school" next year. Kenny is really excelling and doing great in reading, writing and spelling. He still struggles a bit with his math, but we are working on it with him and he is seeing consistent progress.
Kenneth is still not working, but is finding things to do to stay busy. He is helping people complete "to do" projects, working on prepping the house for foster kids and continuing to rebuild his motorcycle. He is making a little money here and there, working on the side and has started looking for other ways to make a living, as the construction industry is just not coming back as quickly as we need it to.
We are going through the process to become certified in Las Vegas to be foster parents. We are kicking around many options and are thinking about taking in siblings (3 or more) and seeing how that goes. We may also take children that have "challenges". Most are mental or emotional challenges and the agency that we are working with provides support, training and assistance as needed.
There are many changes going on in our lives right now and things seem to change from day to day. I am striving to stay positive (and failing miserably right now) but trying none the less to show my trust and faith in my Heavenly Father and work so that I can be ready when he directs. This is all in his hands now and we are crossing our fingers, praying fervently and hoping with all our hearts that whatever happens, happens so that we recognize the Lord's hand in our lives.
I know the Lord loves our little family and has great things in store for us. I also know that it must happen on his timeline and that no amount of begging, pleading, or asking will change that timeline. I keep praying that whatever it might be, that we can survive until them and find joy in the journey.
Amazing! I often wondered about why you worked so much but now I see the wisdom in your education. Being able to provide for your family when Kenny is out of work must be a huge relief. I have thought about going back to school but I have no idea what to study. I am sure that I would be grateful for it if I needed to use it like you are. Great job, Moe. You are an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteI've missed your posts! So glad to hear/read from you again. Hope things go the way you need them to....and soon. Miss you guys and looking forward to seeing you sometime during the next year.
ReplyDelete