I have to admit, I never thought I would be in the position. I was laid of on September 11, 2009. The construction department had come to the conclusion of all its current projects and didn’t foresee any of their future projects starting anytime soon, so there was no longer a need for me. The controller will be able to do all that I was doing plus here own work.
I had the most amazing feeling of peace rush through my body as I was told that I no longer have a job. Although it was a shock and I did shed a few tears of “fear”, but I knew instantly that Heavenly Father had something planned for me and it would be better all around.
It has been three weeks and I still don’t have a job, but I have received a conditional offer with a private company here in town that is a remarkable offer. There was a pay raise, amazing benefits, closer commute, stability and company growth… Who could ask for more. The only drawback is the need to obtain a security clearance from the government.
It is a mound of paperwork, a personal interview, a polygraph test and then…waiting. I am scheduled for my personal interview in a few days and hopefully by the end of October, I will be scheduled for the polygraph. Then we are hoping to hear something before the end of the year so that no later than January, I can be working permanently.
This sounds great! I hope everything works out the way you want it to!
ReplyDeleteMelissa, I love reading your blog and seeing the things you do with your cute family. We will keep you in our prayers and hope everything works out the way it you want it to for this new job.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a shock, huh? I hope that the new job is everything you need and want it to be. Good luck!
ReplyDelete