Max is home finally. We found him on Tuesday after a woman in the next neighborhood saw our flyer and called to tell us that she had found him crossing Durango and took him to her home and called animal control. By the time we got to the shelter, he had been neutered and adopted out. We were lucky however that the people who adopted him were so attached to him that they weren't willing to let us have him back. They were fine with it, they just asked us to reimburse them the fees they had paid. We are so happy that he is home. The mood in our home has gotten much better and there isn't as much moaping going on.
After I picked him up at the shelter, I took him home but had to stop on the way to pick up the boys from school. I left Max in the truck and went in to get Kenny. I was gone for maybe 2 minutes. When I got back I could smell that he had pee'd in the truck but couldn't see where. I got in and as I sat down, I found where he had gone and my rear end was wetter for it.
I took my sweater off and sat on it so I wouldn't get any more wet then I already was. I drove across the street to get Kale and when I got back from that, I fould that Max had puked on my sweater. After some cleaver folding, I was able to get back in the truck and head home without getting puke on me.
After taking Max and the boys in the house and explaining that Max had some surgery earlier that day and that he needed to just lay low, Kenny asked me why he had surgery. I told him that they had taken his manhood and he said "Mom, they didn't take his excitement, did they?" He was so concerned that Max wouldn't want to go play ball and run around in the backyard anymore. I explained to him what it meant to neuter a dog and he felt much better. (My husband didn't, but...)
Anyway, we have been playing and running with him and just enjoying having him back!!
No comments:
Post a Comment